On a new project with a new client, I asked the mail server admins to set up an orgwide email address with me and a few others as members:
Once you set up an orgwide email address, SFDC sends a verification request to ensure you are authorized to use this email.
But – no verification message was received; not to me, not to any of the email group’s members.
- Email deliverability in sandbox was ‘System’. A verification message should qualify as a system message
- Email deliverability tests worked fine across all IP ranges
- I could happily receive other SFDC messages such as security token requests
The solution …
- Client’s email system was Google Apps for Work.
- The email group did not allow by default email from outside the domain of foo.com
- Changing the group setting to ‘Public’ was step 1 of the solution and maybe the only step you will need.
- As I was doing sysad via my company, my email address was in
foo.com. A further change was needed in the Group definition to make my email address an ‘owner’. This allows mail to be distributed outside of the domain, in this case to